Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Press Release: I'm Ok

So I'm putting this here instead of Facebook. Last year I dated a guy from church for about 5-6 months. It was the first time either one of us had dated as a Christian serious about Christian boundaries.

It was the first dating relationship I had been in in 3 years, first for him in about 2 years. Y'all, I had been TERRIBLE at dating and picking guys before that, so I just quit.

Anyway. We broke up, basically because he had decided he didn't want to marry me. I was still trying to decide if I would want to marry him. BTW, he was 30, I was 27.

On Sunday, my now 31 year old ex and his 21 year old girlfriend announced their engagement. They have been dating about 4 months.

I have been getting calls, texts, emails, in person questions. How am I doing?

The answer : I'm ok. Can't lie, it stings a little to know that a year ago, he and I were dating. But when he and this girl, who is also from church, started dating, I had a feeling they would work out. And knowing him, I'm not too shocked that he did this. I honestly think they're good together.

So, surprised, yes. Surprising, not really. Is it ok if I think it's a little funny though? Just a little :) Anyway, I'm trying to figure out a way to convey this post to people in a way that accurately conveys my feelings of "Meh, it's alright."

No comments:

Post a Comment