Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Love Jesus But I Drink a Little

I saw the Ellen clip again the other day where Gladys from Austin, Texas utters the phrase I stole for my blog title. It still makes me laugh so hard, I want to be her when I get old (and she does bear more than a passing resemblance to certain family members).

Then I figure, why wait until I'm old to have all the fun?

That, and I hear Christians argue about drinking frequently. It's either an elephant in the room/chatroom or it's The Biggest Deal Ever.

People, I grew up Southern Baptist. As soon as I figure out how, the subhead of this blog will read Recovering Southern Baptist and whatever other clever thing I can think of.

Gotta say, I love Jesus and I love me some wine. And whiskey. Not really at the same time though. I don't drink to get drunk, stay in some good limits, blahblahblah whatever other explanations you need to hear to know I'm not an alcoholic or a crazy party girl.

Anyway, welcome to the blog, I hope that we all get together here often.

1 comment: