Friday, June 26, 2009

On Vacation

So I don't have a job right now. I got laid off Jan 30th, 2009, and I've only recently begun half-heartedly looking for a job.

When I meet people and they ask what I do, I say I'm on vacation. This has been the best vacation ever. Partially because I have been saving for the whole time I was working and getting paid just in case I got laid off.

It's been glorious, I feel like I'm in high school again, only I can drink :)

For those of you fixing to get all het up, I am not collecting unemployment. I filed and then discovered I wasn't interested in doing the minimum job searching required to collect their money. So, I've been vacationing on my money :)

God has been ridiculously good to me, and I trust in Him for provision. The past couple of months have seen my walk with Him grow in leaps and bounds. He brought me the job I did before, and I have some ideas on what I'm going to do for money soon.

I'll bring those up later. Right now though, I finally have some ideas I'm excited about, like wake-up-at-430 am-and-write-them-down excited. I haven't had that since, ohhhhhh, I can't even remember the last time that happened that it wasn't connected to dating.

My other option for when people ask what I do for a living is to say Stunt Woman. I'm about 50-50 on who I tell that one to.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment